Who we are:
International Power Control Systems is a fully Malawian and wholly, privately owned company. It was incorporated in 1998 although operations started as far back as 1996, under a different arrangement, and has since established itself as the market leader in Power Control and Renewable Energy.
International Power Control Systems, licensed by Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority (MERA), has managed to establish itself as a provider of sustainable and reliable energy solutions. Since 1998, we have provided full solar installations and in partnership with Schneider Electric, we introduced the innovative portable solar products under the BipBop programme in 2014.
The programme’s approach is as follows:
Business – funding local entrepreneurs round energy, expecting a mid-term return on investment.
Innovation– bringing the right solutions to improve local energy access and development whilst ensuring long-term profitability.
People – training young people to ensure local competencies on energy.
Base Of the Pyramid– targeted at populations with the lowest income in a country.
Our Contribution To Energy Generation:
The absence of electricity means no access to proper basic needs like lighting, health care, cooking and also sustainable social and economic activities. It is for this reason that we took up the initiative to bring reliable, affordable and clean energy to the people of Malawi who need it most. Our efforts have not only benefited households that are off the grid, but also afforded the most reliable and quality back up power solutions, tailor-made for individuals and various institutions who are continuing to experience power challenges. Individuals and various institutions who appreciate the long-term savings through investing in quality green energy look no further than International Power Control Systems.
We endeavour to ensure that the Malawian Communities have access to not only affordable solar solutions but also reliable solar solutions
- Authorized Distributor and Contracted Service Centre for Schneider Electric- APC.
- Distributor and Service Centre for ORTEA SpA, a leading company in manufacturing and engineering voltage stabilizers and magnetic components. ORTEA is a member of the ICAR group.
- Local Agent for Planson International, a leading IT supplier worldwide
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Malawi Energy Regulation Authority (MERA) Registration
- National Construction Industry Council (NCIC) Registration
- Office of the Director of Public Procurement (ODPP) Registration
- Renewable Energy Industries Association of Malawi (REIAMA)
International Power Control Systems was awarded a Certificate of Merit on the occasion of International Customs Day from the World Customs Organization. This award is in recognition of rendering exceptional service to the International Customs community as suppliers of Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Services.